Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

I have been pretty negative over the last few posts... So, in honor of the Thanksgiving holliday I am going to give thanks.

I had an epiphany last night. You just asked yourself, "what is that" didn't you?

Here you go:
a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.

Now you know what it is. I realized that I have a ton to be thankful for in the skateboarding world.

I am thankful for:

the sound "ga-gunk, ga-gunk, ga-gunk".
the smell of concrete.
the feel of grip tape on my thumb.
the ability to see art in motion.
urathane.
7 or 8 plys of wood.
the old school.
the new school.

8 Track Ride
the amazing brands.
the videos that show us what mind blowing trick the next big thing does.

My Team.... they rule!
My wife... she rules more!!
My kids... they rule, too.
And importantly, not forgotten, all those that skateboard because it's IN them.

Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: