Saturday, December 20, 2008

SKATE LEGEND TAKES IT TO THE STREETS

Seriously... I came across this today and thought "I gotta see this".

I grew up not far from the streets of South Los Angeles... maybe a 30 minute drive... I knew it existed, but didn't know how real it is.

I was in Southern California for the riots in April 1992. It was crazy. I never understood it totally. I get it, a bit, now.

Some individuals think they are sooo hard... well, just want to say... your not! This is hard.

It's a serious issue and Stacy Peralta, who I admire a ton, gets in deep and really takes a street level look at this. Check it out. See for yourself.

What's this got to do with skateboarding? Read the interview Stacy does with Fuel TV. There is a code, you may not understand it now, but maybe you will. Skateboarding has it... most of you don't quite understand it... maybe you will someday...

Respect it. It's real.

Peralta Takes on L.A. Gangs in New Documentary

No comments: